2020年11月9日 11:53 AM #5708Andrew Albertゲスト
by Joyce Carol Oates
- Characters: Kelly Kelleher, Buffy St. John, Ray Annick
- ISBN: 9780452269866 (0452269865)
- Release date: May 1, 1993
- Author: Joyce Carol Oates
- Genres: fiction, literature, novels, contemporary, american, historical, novella
- Format: paperback, 160 pages
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Fiction (1993), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Fiction (1992)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Plume
About The Book
The Pulitzer Prize-nominated novel from the author of the New York Times bestselling novel We Were the Mulvaneys
Joyce Carol Oates has taken a shocking story that has become an American myth and, from it, has created a novel of electrifying power and illumination. Kelly Kelleher is an idealistic, twenty-six-year-old “good girl” when she meets the Senator at a Fourth of July party. In a brilliantly woven narrative, we enter her past and her present, her mind and her body as she is fatally attracted to this older man, this hero, this soon-to-be-lover. Kelly becomes the very embodiment of the vulnerable, romantic dreams of bright and brave women, drawn to the power that certain men command — at a party that takes on the quality of a surreal nightmare; in a tragic car ride that we hope against hope will not end as we know it must end. One of the acknowledged masters of American fiction, Joyce Carol Oates has written a bold tour de force that parts the black water to reveal the profoundest depths of human truth.
Online book Black Water download on Barnes & Noble. MP3 ebook Black Water by Joyce Carol Oates buy cheap PC. MOBI Black Water for Android on Booktopia. EPUB Black Water Joyce Carol Oates read. Hardcover book Black Water on Audible.