2020年11月9日 9:48 AM #5678Apostle Rushゲスト
Love Is the Higher Law
by David Levithan
- Format: hardcover, 176 pages
- Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Genres: lgbt, contemporary, fiction, romance, teen, queer, gay
- Language: english
- Places: New York City, New York, New York State
- Release date: August 25, 2009
- ISBN: 9780375834684 (0375834680)
- Characters: Peter Duchene, Claire Amadeus, Jasper Renn
- Awards: Lincoln Award Nominee (2012), Margaret A. Edwards Award (2016)
- Author: David Levithan
About The Book
First there is a Before, and then there is an After… .
The lives of three teens — Claire, Jasper, and Peter — are altered forever on September 11, 2001. Claire, a high school junior, has to get to her younger brother in his classroom. Jasper, a college sophomore from Brooklyn, wakes to his parents’ frantic calls from Korea, wondering if he’s okay. Peter, a classmate of Claire’s, has to make his way back to school as everything happens around him.
Here are three teens whose intertwining lives are reshaped by this catastrophic event. As each gets to know the other, their moments become wound around each other’s in a way that leads to new understandings, new friendships, and new levels of awareness for the world around them and the people close by.
David Levithan has written a novel of loss and grief, but also one of hope and redemption as his characters slowly learn to move forward in their lives, despite being changed forever.
Paperback book Love Is the Higher Law by David Levithan read online on Dymocks. EPUB ebook Love Is the Higher Law iOS. Hardback Love Is the Higher Law David Levithan buy cheap for iPad on Audible.