2020年11月9日 3:10 PM #5747Christine Elliottゲスト
The Faraway Nearby
by Rebecca Solnit
- Author: Rebecca Solnit
- Publisher: Viking
- Genres: essays, memoir, biography, writing, travel, philosophy, autobiography, feminism
- Format: hardcover, 259 pages
- Awards: PEN/Diamonstein-Spielvogel Award for the Art of the Essay Nominee for Shortlist (2014), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Autobiography (2013), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Nonfiction (2014)
- Language: english
- Release date: June 13, 2013
- ISBN: 9780670025961 (0670025968)
About The Book
In this new book by the author of A Paradise Built in Hell, Rebecca Solnit explores the ways we make our lives out of stories, and how we are connected by empathy, by narrative, by imagination. In the course of unpacking some of her own stories — of her mother and her decline from memory loss, of a trip to Iceland, of an illness — Solnit revisits fairytales and entertains other stories: about arctic explorers, Che Guevara among the leper colonies, and Mary Shelley’s Dr. Frankenstein, about warmth and coldness, pain and kindness, decay and transformation, making art and making self. Woven together, these stories create a map which charts the boundaries and territories of storytelling, reframing who each of us is and how we might tell our story.
Hardback book The Faraway Nearby Rebecca Solnit. MP3 ebook The Faraway Nearby read PC on Powells. Paperback The Faraway Nearby by Rebecca Solnit buy on iPhone.
Online ebook The Faraway Nearby download on Walmart. MOBI book The Faraway Nearby Rebecca Solnit buy cheap. Hardcover The Faraway Nearby download for iOS on Dymocks.